[XML-SIG] Functional interface to XML?

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
15 Feb 1999 22:22:09 +0100

* Cees de Groot

| I've been wondering weither something functional/stylesheet-ish
| exists on top of Python's XML stuff.

Only saxutils.mllib, as far as I know. And that's basically just a
reimplementation of the xmllib interface on top of SAX.

Something that uses CSS selectors or XSL patterns to fire actions
would be nice, but does not currently exist. I've always been thinking
about writing something easier to use on top of SAX, but have never
been able to find the time so far. (Or had sufficient need of it.)

| [Code snipped]
|
| Is this a sensible way to process XML in Python?

Yes, I definitely think so.

--Lars M.