[XML-SIG] Functional interface to XML?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:43:47 -0700

> We are currently working on an XSL processor that sits ontop of 4DOM which
> inturn sites ontop of sax.  It does not fire events in the sax fashion,
> but will return a DOM tree of formatting objects, when given a XML DOM
> tree with xml-stylesheet processing instructions.

Ha!  Mike shows that he hasn't joined me on the xsl list, yet.  Mike, just
FYI, if you want to bring up XSL FOs, don your thickest asbestos.

But seriously, 4XSL just deals with the transformation part of the spec, and
so is purely a server-side solution.  It does support a lot of the XSL
transformations that you can use as effectively to emit HTML as XML-based FOs.
 In fact, our new web-site is entirely generated from a series of XML files
using 4XSL.

But I'd like to note that 4XSL doesn't yet implement many of the more esoteric
parts of the transformation spec, but Mike has already mentioned the possible
release schedule, and our willingness to accommodate alpha-testers.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants