[XML-SIG] XSL support?

Dinu C. Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:27:50 +0100

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> That is so for now.  We are working on an XSL processor for Python, and it
> should be available in alpha soon, but it won't at first support all matching
> patterns, just the ones we have found most common, with the support growing in
> further releases.

Well, that makes sense. The XSL spec is a real monster document...
Do you already provide official information about it? Will it be
self-contained or make use of xmlproc given it's ability to handle
namespaces now? Will it make use of DOM, or build its own formatting
trees?

> Porting TeXML to Python might be a heavy task to undertake for just "getting
> deeper into the Python XML package".  It's pretty sophisticated, from my
> experiments with it.

I'm not quite sure. There are two Java files in source code which
don't look that difficult to port, but there are also some classes
in a Jar file without source code and that might cause some prob-
lems, of course. Anybody aware of the latest decompiling achieve-
ments for java? ;-)

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman       :  Mit Berlin kannste mir jagen!
LHS International AG  :  http://www.lhsgroup.com