[XML-SIG] XmlWriter update

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:47:47 +0100

Jeff.Johnson@icn.siemens.com wrote:

> I moved some code from xml.dom.HtmlWriter up to the super class
> xml.dom.XmlWriter so that it is easier to specify where new lines should be
> inserted when writing XML.  I hope you like it and it gets into the XML
> package or I'll have to rewrite my code :).  This should be fully backwards
> compatible too.
>
> The following is an example of how the change allows us to specify that
> 'tree' elements should get new lines before and after the start tag and end
> tag.  The 'node' element only gets a new line before the start tag.
>
>      nl_dict = {
>           'tree':(1,1,1,1),
>           'node':(1,0,0,0),
>           }
>      w = XmlWriter(sys.stdout,nl_dict)
>      w.write(doc)

Hi XMLers!
I found this one quite useful.
Will it make it into the lib?

Furthermore, is anybody interested in a prettyprint mode,
(with some indentation), or has that been done already?

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.skyport.net