[XML-SIG] Pretty-printing DOM trees

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:34:49 -0500 (EST)

A.M. Kuchling writes:
 > Should this be left as just a black-box function, or should it be
 > implemented as a subclass of the writer.XmlWriter() class?  I suppose

Andrew,
  I'd actually like a subclassable version.  This doesn't mean you
need to write the code, though.  ;-)  A simple black-box function like
yours can be written on top of the basic pretty-printer.
  I very much like the fact that it operates on a DOM tree, but a
SAX-based version might also be nice, especially for large documents.
(I'd probably only use the DOM version myself, though).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>
1895 Preston White Dr.	    Reston, VA  20191