[XML-SIG] Big Bug? (was:Pretty-printing DOM trees)

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 16:14:54 +0100

Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:

> Christian Tismer writes:
> >So I doubt xmlproc is wrong. There must be something deeper.
> >Did you recognize the incompatibility of SAX and DOM?
> >After playing with several SAX tools, it was impossible
> >to import xml.dom any longer.
>
>         That's bizarre, and I don't see how that would be possible in Python.
> What were the symptoms?  What happened when the import failed?

it was simply impossible to import xml.dom any longer. xml.sax
was still working. I closed my PyWin session, started over and
it was alive again. I don't know how to reproduce this yet,
but it happened the second time. Some combination of trying
this driver and that one... I need to turn my session logger
on forever, then I can see what I did.

>         (I'll look into the problem with FileReader tonight; no time
> to do it at work.)

I think there is something more. When I pass a file object to my
Indenter (which is basically similar to Normalizer) and later
delete that file, also delete all instances of handlers which
I created, the file doesn't get closed. There is something sticky
which keeps references alive.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>