[XML-SIG] SAX prettyprinter V2 and SGMLOP

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:30:05 +0100

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> * Lars Marius Garshol
> |
> | How is the performance when you use sgmlop directly compared to when
> | you use it's SAX driver?
>
> * Christian Tismer
> |
> | I didn't try yet since I was very happy with the speed.
>
> Would be interesting to know, though, since it will tell us something
> about what the penalty of using SAX is, compared to doing it directly.

I will provide timings when I have time, also with expat.

> | I could no use pyexpat yet, since a pyexpat dll is missing.  I will
> | build one for Windows (as I also did before with sgmlop, the binary
> | in the CVS was broke).
>
> Both the pyexpat and the sgmlop DLLs are in CVS and both of them work
> for me. Maybe you should try a 'cvs update'? :)

:)) it is *my* dll which is in the cvs now.

But you are right, the (py)expat dlls are all there. I just
cannot import pyexpat. The dlls are not found. sgmlop works
off-the-shelf. Is it necessary to adjust path variables for
pyexpat? If so, then I'll change the layout for Windows a little
to make this unnecessary. Until now, I could simply plug the
whole package into my Python dir and use it.

And thanks about the info concerning whitespace.

ciao - chris

p.s.: now busy building an ultra-light DOM which needs less memory
than its XML string representation. It's becoming fun :-)

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.skyport.net