[XML-SIG] Big Bug? (was:Pretty-printing DOM trees)

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
24 Jan 1999 13:20:09 +0100

* Lars Marius Garshol

| [...] the question remains whether the parser should follow the XML
| recommendation and stop reporting data events after a
| well-formedness bug.
|
| I'm inclined to make that default behaviour, but behaviour it is
| possible to turn off. Opinions are welcome.

* Greg Stein

| Sounds good -- default is to "abort" on bad input.

I know, but the user might want to know if there are more errors, to
avoid having to run the parser n times for n well-formedness errors.
So I prefer not reporting more data events, but keep sending error
events. The application can stop the parse at any time by throwing an
exception, anyway.

Thanks for the opinion. Once I get a couple more of those I'll do the
necessary patch.

--Lars M.