[XML-SIG] xmlproc, dtd's, and such

Dan Libby danda@netscape.com
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 20:10:57 -0700

--------------E992E119899C2F89F9E0AF08

Okay, so I'm using xmlproc for some DTD based validation.  However, I don't want
to go off to the network every time I have to validate a new file, which means I
will have to cache locally somehow.

I saw an earlier thread on this topic which seemed to indicate that this should
be easy, but it didn't actually elaborate.  Can anyone tell me specifically what
class/methods to override?

One approach I might imagine is that the parser would call some sort of
openDTD() function that I could override.  In there, I would have a map from the
public DTD url to a local file.  Alternatively, there could already be some
pre-built caching code.  Further, ideally, I would like to do all this through
the sax interface in a non parser specific manner.  Is that asking too much?

-dan

--------------E992E119899C2F89F9E0AF08

begin:vcard
n:Libby;Dan