[XML-SIG] Re: While we're on the subject of xmlproc, DTDs and validation ...

Dan Libby danda@netscape.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:08:41 -0700

--------------FC7C188F8BF054F1DA0AE26A

> I've looked at this and found it to not be entirely straightforward
> due to the problems introduced by the internal subset. Also, early
> tests showed that the speedup from using pickle to load DTD objects
> was just by a factor of 4 (if I remember correctly) over normal DTD
> parsing.

Well... excluding potentially having to grab the file off the network
somewhere, which would be the slowest operation.  That's why in my code I
check if the external DTD is in my map, and if so, use a local copy.  If
the pickling sped it up by another factor of 4, that would be great.

> Anyway, if you disallow the internal subset I have most of the code
> necessary to do this written although no integrated yet.

I would be very interested in this.

-dan

--------------FC7C188F8BF054F1DA0AE26A

begin:vcard