[XML-SIG] 2 Qs: encoding & entities with xmlproc

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
21 Jun 1999 00:38:59 +0200

* Dan Libby

| Is it possible to reference more than one external DTD? If so, how?
| I'm hoping that it is possible to include an external DTD from
| within the internal subset.

It is. Or you could do it from the external subset.

| This would basically allow for limited inheritance.

Hmmm. Some sub-typing would be possible in this way, yes. However, if
you want to do that properly you should look at architectural forms.
They're much simpler than they sound, and with Geir Ove's xmlarch
they're also easy to use.

See

for more info. (xmlarch is also in the XML-SIG package.)

--Lars M.