[XML-SIG] More entity stuff

Dan Libby danda@netscape.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:51:14 -0700

--------------AD18C212066C00108106D028

Okay, so I have a DTD with a bunch of entities copied from the html 3.2
dtd.  They look like this:

<!ENTITY cent "&#162;">

When this is run through xmlproc (xmlval), the entities are ignored.
sort of.  If I change "&#162;" to "hello", then hello gets spit out.
Further, if I change it to "&amp;#162;" then "#162" gets spit out.  This
is actually okay with me... I'm just trying to preserve the entity for a
browser's use anyway.  However, it seems like a weird DTD.

So my question: Is this a bug in the dtd parser, or is this correct
behavior?  If the latter, does my DTD hack seem like the right thing to
do?

thx.

-dan

Alessandro Bottoni wrote: