[XML-SIG] ann: newschannel maker

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:01:40 +0200

a while ago, Lars wrote:
> I sat down yesterday and had a look at RSS, a format for news
> headlines which is used by Slashdot, mozilla.org and Scripting News,
> among others. It was very simple (a bit too simple, in fact), so I sat
> down and made a simple RSS library and client in Python. This client
> produces a web page when it is run. (I run it from cron.)

potential news providers might be interested in
my little "newschannel" tool, available from:

this tool reads an HTML document (from file or from a
site), and extracts news items marked with special <span>
tags. it then generates perfectly valid RDF and Scripting-
News 2.0 (*) news channel files.  see the README and
the mynews.py sample script for more information.

(replace .rdf with .xml for scriptingnews versions)

*) the "fat" format supported by my.userland.com. see: