[XML-SIG] Bug in exception handling?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:10:33 +0200

Rob,
my first guess would be a mismatch in the Python build: if pyexpat is
compiled as a dynamic library it may have been linked against an older
version of Python, or one of the "critical" build options (refcount
debugging and such) was different. This can also happen in statically
built Pythons, as the dependencies aren't fully specified. As a first
try I would do a "make clean" and rebuild the world.

If the problem persists my next guess would be a buffer overflow. The
"address" 0x4020c11f looks rather too much like ascii for my liking.