[XML-SIG] Re: A bit off topic: XML advice needed... (Laurent Szyster)

Stuart Hungerford Stuart Hungerford" <stuart.hungerford@webone.com.au
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:31:12 +1100

>Stuart Hungerford wrote:
>>
>> Now if I could just get a Python to XML translator
>> I could do it all in Python... ;-)
>
>Do you mean something like the Pickle module, but producing XML
>instead of custom text format?

   Yes -- I was only half joking when I wrote that.  Being frustrated
   with XML I was yearning for the clean, simple object model,
   inheritance and module system that I've come to love in Python.

   I wonder if it's possible, if we assume the DTD is created
   independently and that there's a simple mapping from Python
   classes and methods to elements and instance members to
   attributes?

   I know, I need to get out more...

Stu