[XML-SIG] 'searching' XML documents to extract 'chunks' of XML

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:23:09 -0700

> Recently, 4XSL has been announced on this list (look into the
> archive). At the time of the announcement, only match patterns
> had been implemented. But, this may have changed meantime.
>
> Dieter

Well, we didn't so much announce 4XSL as mention that we were working on it
and close to release.  As it happened, this spawned an excellent conversation
with Paul Prescod which led to a thorough re-design of 4XSL.

The bad news is that this causes a delay in our release (2-3 weeks, it seems).
 The GOOD news is that 4XSL will support an API similar to what Paul
suggested, and that since re-designing, we have found this new approach to be
extraordinarily powerful.  We are now a bit further along with the re-designed
4XSL as we were with the old approach we mentioned earlier.  We just want to
add a few more transformation elements (we think we have just about all the
pattern-matching), and do some more testing.  I hope to be able to announce
the first public version next week.

Thanks

--
Uche Ogbuji