[XML-SIG] Building a DOM tree

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:02:24 -0500 (EST)

Simon Pepping writes:
 > I say this because I think building the DOM tree lasts really too long
 > to be of practical use.

  I've been building DOM trees from ESIS events (generated from LaTeX,
of course! ;).  While I don't think the speed is a problem for my
application, I think for most applications it would be.  Anything with
an interactive aspect needs to be able to respond a little more
quickly; using threads can maintain interactivity of a UI, but can't
get the results any faster.  The later is what is really needed in a
lot of contexts, including many intersting ones (like an editor).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>