[XML-SIG] Validation question

Robb Shecter shecter@darmstadt.gmd.de
Mon, 03 May 1999 11:43:12 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to set up an xml validation service.  I've done all my
XML programming in Java so far, but would like to try Python out.

I'd like to have an object with a method that takes two parameters; a
dtd and an xml document, and returns true or false depending whether the
document conforms to the dtd.

For my purposes (making an XML-based middleware system), this could work
with URLs pointing to the documents, if some caching is done.
Typically, many documents would be checked against a single dtd.

(I'm playing with using XML to specify server interfaces.)

Thanks for any hints!

- Robb