[XML-SIG] Another SAX Suggestion

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 04 May 1999 17:21:47 -0500

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

>  - forcing people to take a conscious stand on this issue is probably
>  not the worst we could do to them

If the default behavior motion fails to carry then I would like the
fallback position to be some way of forcing them to take a stand. For
instance you could throw an ExceptionHandlerNotDefined exception.

I think that the fact that this has bitten both you and I is important. I
have a feeling that Walter and Fredrick are speaking more from a general
design perspective than from experience in this particular case. Usually I
would agree but HandlerBase is not just a library -- it is a helper
framework.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

The first three Noble Truths of Python:
  All that is not Python is suffering.
  The origin of suffering lies in the use of not-Python.
  The cessation of suffering can be achieved by not using not-Python.
http://www.pauahtun.org/4nobletruthsofpython.html