[XML-SIG] easySAX

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 5 May 1999 12:43:00 -0400 (EDT)

Lars Marius Garshol writes:
 > always-print-error-messages and should probably be extended to call
 > start_foo for <foo ...> events provided that start_foo is defined (and
 > otherwise use startElement) and ditto for end tags.

  I like this addition; it should be added.

 > One addition that might be nice: allow users to define pi_<target>(data)
 > and ppi_<target>(attrs) methods. In the latter case the data would be
 > parsed into an attributelist.

  This would definately be nice, and won't be a problem for "normal"
data, where PIs aren't used often.

 > improvements to the SAX core? This was just hacked together in 15
 > minutes, so please don't hesitate to slaughter it if you don't like

  It might be a good idea to use a call to extract the element stack
instead of providing direct access to the list object.  This would
allow different internal structures to be used without changing the
interface.  This might be interesting in some cases.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>