[XML-SIG] Python alternates to XSLT?

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford@webone.com.au
Sat, 08 May 1999 22:08:05 +1000

Hi all,

Maybe I'm getting old, but I've become very frustrated
with using XSL and now XSLT to transform XML documents
into HTML.

It started me wondering if there wasn't a simpler,
easier and more Pythonic way of doing XML -> HTML
transformations.

Could we treat an XML document as a "little language"
and use well-tested Python parsing and other libraries
to generate HTML based on a set of rules?

I'd love to be able to "call out" to Python's
regular expressions and other abilities while in the
process of transforming the XML.

Am I barking up the wrong node tree here?  Has anyone
done something similar?

Stu