[XML-SIG] easySAX

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 21 May 1999 17:36:02 -0500

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> Hmmm. Why do you see this as a disadvantage? Part of the reason I did
> it as I did is that I want the user to be able to redefine
> startElement and endElement without messing up the framework. Knowing
> why you don't like the adapater would make the tradeoff easier.

 * a tiny bit of extra overhead,
 * some extra typing,
 * the fact that the user has to explicitly invoke a bridge between easy
sax and "real sax",
 * I would prefer using easySax to be more like using regular sax and also
more like using SAX in Java,
 * you can't get the default implementation for, e.g. PI
 * it makes easySax somewhat "second class"

Nothing major. Just a vague discomfort.
> (Except I think I prefer text_TITLE and textUnknown.)

Well English isn't your native language. :)

No, actually that's fine with me.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Alabama's constitution is 100 years old, 300 pages long and has more than
600 amendments. Highlights include "Amendment 393: Amendment of Amendment
No.  351", "Validation of Laws Regulating Court Costs in Randolph County",
"Miscegenation laws", "Bingo Games in Russell County", "Suppression
of dueling".  - http://www.legislature.state.al.us/ALISHome.html