[XML-SIG] Parser selection

Lars Marius Garshol larsga@ifi.uio.no
29 May 1999 01:28:19 +0200

* wask@mcc.com

| The XML package provides several drivers that map native parser
| interfaces to SAX, thereby providing Python/JPython access to those
| parsers. What are the differentiating factors between the parsers?
| In other words, what features do they provide that would cause me to
| choose one over the other?

Conformance, ease of use/installation, clarity of error messages,
feature set and speed are generally the deciding factors. (Not
necessarily in that order.)

If you use the parser factory in SAX you'll see that it has an
ordering of parsers more-or-less according to my personal guesses of
what people would actually prefer. If you disagree you can set your
own preferences.

I'm not sure whether you're asking which parser is recommended or what
characteristics to choose a parser by. Given more information we might
be able to give more help.

--Lars M.