[XML-SIG] CORBA compliance for the DOM in Python?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:48:39 -0700

> >   Ok, now that we've beaten the __getattr__() v. get_foo() argument to
> > death, is anyone interested in bringing PyDOM into compliance?  (Does
> > the FourThought crew plan to bring 4DOM into compliance with the
> > _get_*() / _set_*() binding, or is it already?)
> >   If 4DOM is in compliance, or will be brought into compliance, I'm
> > willing to spend some time bring PyDOM into compliance.
>
>     We will be bringing 4DOM into compliance when we go through and
> remove all of the ORB dependencies.

Just to clarify.  We actually plan to implement both "node.parent" and
"node._get_parent()", with the former just being a __setattr__ wrapper for the
latter.  We are looking into ExtensionClass, as Christian Tismer suggested, as
perhaps a way to minimize the performance hit of the former.

I'm not sure the argument is entirely over.  If it is, I think it's time to
start on a sketch of Python-DOM binding document.  If eventually a different
scheme than the two I mention above is chosen, we shall provide support for it
in 4DOM.

--
Uche Ogbuji
FourThought LLC, IT Consultants