[XML-SIG] CORBA compliance for the DOM in Python?

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:58:38 -0500 (EST)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. writes:
>  Ok, now that we've beaten the __getattr__() v. get_foo() argument to
>death, is anyone interested in bringing PyDOM into compliance?  (Does

Reviving an old issue, should I go ahead and make this change?
(Renaming get_parentNode() to _get_parentNode(), and so forth, in case
you've forgotten.)  My original motivation for the get_*() functions
was for compatibility with Java, both from the point of view of
documentation, and from using JPython with both PyDOM and Java DOM
bindings.  Is this compatibility question unimportant?  If so, I can
go ahead and do the renaming.

    (The get_*() probably can't go away completely, though, because of
external documents such as Sean McGrath's Python/XML book.)

To my battle-scarred mind, documentation is never more than a hint. Read it
once with disbelief suspended, and then again with full throttle skepticism.
    -- Gordon McMillan, 19 Oct 1998