[XML-SIG] Win32 0.5.2: No parsers found

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:40:33 +0200

gtk wrote:

> I've run the PythonXML.exe Christian Tismer recommended, and it installed
> quite cleanly. Lots of fun to see versioncheck.py get confused, too. The DOM
> works just fine, but I've belatedly realised (perhaps it's time to pick up a
> basic XML book) that to build an object heirachy from an XML document via
> DOM would require me to more or less completely re-implement SAX. What a
> drag! So, I've tried running some of the SAX demos. Unfortunately, I don't
> appear to have any parsers installed:
>
> C:\Program Files\Python\xml\demo\quotes>python qtfmt.py sample.xml
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "qtfmt.py", line 372, in ?
>     p=saxexts.XMLParserFactory.make_parser("xml.sax.drivers.drv_pyexpat")
>   File "C:\Program Files\Python\xml\sax\saxexts.py", line 65, in make_parser
>     raise saxlib.SAXException("No parsers found",None)
> xml.sax.saxlib.SAXException: No parsers found
>
> Making sure that Python and Python\DLLs is on my PATH doesn't appear to
> help.

There are two errors.
1) xmltok.dll and xmlparse.dll were missing in that release.
   This would change when I create the installer again.
2) pyexpat is sitting in /python/DLLs, but the drv_pyexpat.py
   does an import "from xml.parsers import pyexpat".

The same import is in drv_sgmlop.py, so does this mean that
I should not use the DLLs directory at all but put it all into
xml.parsers?

Let me know, and I will update my installer.

cheers - chris