[XML-SIG] Scriptics Connect

Matt Gushee mgushee@havenrock.com
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:43:25 -0400 (EDT)

Paul R. Brown writes:

 > I also think that good products -- or even good looking products -- are
 > discouraging to see.  I consistently think, "Doh.  I thought about doing
 > that."  But then I think of something else...

 > IMHO, the XML world is by no means fully formed.

So maybe it's a problem of style over substance. Scriptics is a
*business*, after all, doing what businesses do best. And if their
product becomes widely adopted, though it lacks substance
(hypothetically speaking), then it becomes an uphill battle for
everyone who's trying to do the job right.

If that is the case, well, that's the marketplace for ya. The fact
that XML-SIG can't offer a comparable product doesn't indicate any
shortcomings. XML-SIG isn't a business. If we want to succeed in that
environment -- much as I hate to say it -- maybe we need a company
like Scriptics to push our language.

Matt Gushee
Portland, Maine, USA
mgushee@havenrock.com