[XML-SIG] ANN: 4DOM 0.8.0
Wed, 01 Sep 1999 12:45:48 -0400
FourThought LLC (http://FourThought.com) announces the release of
An implementation of the W3C's
Document Object Model in Python
4DOM is a close implementation of the DOM recommendation, including
DOM Core level 1, DOM HTML level 1, Node Iterator and Node Filter from
DOM Level 2, and a few utility and helper components. 4DOM can work
in a CORBA* enviroment, or in a purely local set-up.
4DOM is designed to allow developers rapidly design applications
that read, write or manipulate HTML and XML.
There have been many changes to 4DOM since the last major release, 0.7.0.
There were two more releases, which were only bundled with 4XSL. For a
complete listing, please see
But some highlights:
* Support for non-CORBA usage
* Improved performance
* DOM Level 2 NodeFilters and NodeIterators
* Pythonic interface for NodeLists and NamedNodeMaps
* XML Namespace support (proprietary until W3C decides chooses between
the proposed Level 2 interfaces)
* Several interface changes in Ext
* Re-organized module structure
* Explicit garbage-collection method
* Better-tested Fnorb and Ilu support
* Many bug-fixes
More info and Obtaining 4DOM
Or you can download 4DOM from
4DOM is distributed under a license similar to that of Python.
*For CORBA users, 4DOM directly supports ILU and Fnorb.
Consulting Member, FourThought LLC