[XML-SIG] Revisions to XML Topic Guide

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

I'd like some comments about a revised version of the XML Topic
Guide.  A draft copy is at:

	http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/xml/

Ignore the broken images and the broken relative links; they'll be
correct when the pages are on python.org.  The changes are:

1) The general pages on XML, SAX, and DOM have been dropped.  Instead,
links to the XML and SGML dmoz.org have been added to the sidebar.
This leaves one page in the "General XML Information" section, namely
the book list; I may move this or remove the "General XML" section in
the future.

Rationale: I lack time to maintain a general resource guide for XML.
dmoz.org does exactly this job, so we can benefit from their work.

2) 4DOM, 4XSLT, 4XPath, and 4XSL have been moved to a page of their
own, titled "Other Software: FourThought", because IMHO it makes sense
to group them together because of the dependencies between them.  I
don't think this will be construed as a python.org endorsement of
FourThought or an advertisement -- the text is written neutrally --
but this is potentially controversial.

3) LT PyXML has been added to the "Other Software" page.  (As always,
further suggestions for useful links are appreciated.)

What do people think of these changes?

Time, place, and action may with pains be wrought, / But Genius must be born;
and can never be taught.
    -- John Congreve