[XML-SIG] Confused and grasping

John Day jday@csihq.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:42:45 -0400

At 08:29 PM 9/27/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Paul Prescod:
>
>>The Python community will one day have its own package used for the
......>
>Here is what we've very tentatively set up for FourThought:
>

><!ELEMENT doc:module (doc:overview,doc:class?,doc:function*)>
....>  </xsl:template>

></xsl:stylesheet>
>

>What does everyone think?  Could we hack the hell out of it on this list and
>adopt it for standard Python docs.
>

>--
>Uche Ogbuji

Hi,
I'm just eavesdropping on your conversation, trying to understand how
this would work. If I understand correctly you're proposing an 'autoDoc'
facility for Python along the lines of JavaDocs. But I don't see how XML
is used to mark-up the Python source code. Is that included in your idea?

In other words, is it possible to use XML as a markup language inside the
comments of another language etc. I seem to recall that this is done in
SGML but haven't heard of it in XML.

Thanks,

John Day/CSI