[XML-SIG] EXAMPLES - NEW USER

Greg Duncan greg.duncan@tpg.com.au
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:38:04 +1000

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BF0A88.3D0D6020

Hi,

I am battling to get my first app working with the XMLLIB package and =
find the examples supplied somewhat confusing.

Would anyone be able to supply me with a "SIMPLE* example to perform the =
following .... process an xml document and allow me to print the objects =
in a stream that will effectively duplicate the input. I make the =
assumption that this example will give me the kick start i require. =
Actually any simple examples would do just fine.

There is an assumption that the entire document is held in a tree =
structure, is this correct? If so I should be able to perform arbitary =
queries to perform transformations.

I am not to to SGML/XML just python and the XMLLIB parser implementation

Thanks
Greg Duncan

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01BF0A88.3D0D6020

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am battling to get my first app working with the =
XMLLIB=20
package and find the examples supplied somewhat confusing.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Would anyone be able to supply me with a "SIMPLE* =
example to=20
perform the following .... process an xml document and allow me to print =
the=20
objects in a stream that will effectively duplicate the input. I make =
the=20
assumption that this example will give me the kick start i require. =
Actually any=20
simple examples would do just fine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There is an assumption that the entire document is =
held in a=20
tree structure, is this correct? If so I should be able to perform =
arbitary=20
queries to perform transformations.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am not to to SGML/XML just python and the XMLLIB =
parser=20
implementation</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks</FONT></DIV>