[XML-SIG] Troubles with latin 1 characters

J.R. van Ossenbruggen Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:36:18 +0200

Lars:
  That depends on the parser. I just tested with xmlproc, and it handled
  this fine. expat would probably require you to declare your encoding.

Declaring the encoding didn't help, Fredrik explained to me expat
always returns UTF-8.  But switching to another parser did help.

Still, a proper error message (detecting characters which are not in
the declared/default encoding) and/or a warning message (detecting
charaters in the output that are not in UTF8) would have been
helpful...

BTW, is this an expat problem or a problem in the python wrapper?
(Jack?)

-- Jacco