[XML-SIG] xmllib compatibility

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 10:50:54 -0400

>   pyexpat has already been checked into the CVS tree (but not expat
> iteself).  I think the specific "shape" of things to come hasn't yet
> been completely hashed out, but essentially we're going to "do the
> right thing."

Note that expat itself won't be incorporated into the tree -- it's not
a good idea to include by value large bodies of 3rd party code that is
being maintained separately.  Inclusion by reference (in source
distributions anyway) is the only way to go.

>   Andrew K., can you write up a summary on the XML-SIG page so that
> Guido can link to it from the 1.6 summary?

That would be a great idea!

(I could also use a pointer to a sample Unicode session; I remember
seeing one long ago but I can't find it...)