[XML-SIG] XML, python & CGI.

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 09:04:54 -0600

--------------B544978B713C3CE0ACACEEBE

stu wrote:

Stu,

    We have done this many times, but using the python XSLT processor
4Xslt.  Is there any reason you are using the Java processor?

Mike

> I am trying to write a cgi script in python that processes an XML doc
> against a XSL sheet to produce HTML. However I am having some problems.
>
> I have written most of the script and its fine, however to do the
> translation I use a command line (UNIX) command to invoke XT. From
> within an interactive session it works fine. I use:
>
> x = os.popen(process_cmd + " /path/XML/" + real_button1 + ".xml
> /home/scongdon/XML/" + real_button2 + ".xsl", 'w')
>
> which places the correct arguments on the command line, and I receive
> the correct HTML response.
>
> However I cannot figure out how to put this command into a cgi script so
> the output from my command line command, produces the final webpage. All
> I get is a server error. or no output at all
>
> Stu

Mike Olson
Senior Consultant Fourthought, Inc.
http://www.fourthought.com http://www.opentechnology.com
720-304-0152

--------------B544978B713C3CE0ACACEEBE

stu wrote:
XSLT processor 4Xslt.&nbsp; Is there any reason you are using the Java
processor?
processes an XML doc
so
All