[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 and XML

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 16:34:14 -0500

Square brackets should not be flagged in plain old text.

I vote to dump xml.parsers.xmllib because I don't think anybody has the
interest to maintain and improve it. Arguably, namespaces and xmllib
don't play together nicely anyhow because of the function
name/":"-character clash.

[In retrospect] the story of a Cold War that was the scene of history's
only nuclear arms race will be very different from the story of a Cold
War that turned out to be only the first of many interlocking nuclear
arms races in many parts of the world. The nuclear, question, in sum,
hangs like a giant question mark over our waning century.
	- The Unfinished Twentieth Century by Jonathan Schell
	  Harper's Magazine, January 2000