[XML-SIG] [OFF-TOPIC] What's up with swig.org?

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 02:49:07 +0200

Sigh...

Greg Stein, in complete ignorance of the announced
deprecation of starship.python.net, wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> > > Sorry for the OT post ... I don't know what the appropriate forum
> > > would be, and I figure someone here might know.
> > >
> > > I wanted to try out 4Suite on my Windows box, but I see that it
> > > requires SWIG. And I've been trying to access www.swig.org for several
> > > days, but I keep getting 'unknown host' errors. Is the site down? If
> > > so, will it be back up anytime soon? If not, is there somewhere else I
> > > can obtain SWIG?
> >
> > Oops.  Looks as if David Beazley forgot to pay his InterNIC tax or something.
> > I can't resolve it either.  Unfortunately I don't have a copy of SWIG source
>
> Nah, the InterNIC is resolving it properly. His upstream provider
> (Christian's skyport.net) is not providing any information for swig.org. I
> would guess that it is a misconfiguration on ns.skyport.net and
> ns2.skyport.net.

Wrong guess. The InterNIC is resolving correctly what it
fails to configure correctly. It isn't a misconfiguration,
but your misconception. My announce of starship.skyport's
death is more than a month old.
David and I are trying to get the SWIG domain moved, but
something seems to be a show stopper. (Not my first
experience with Networksolutions.com's Perl scripts).

I-have-enough-real-faults-worth-to-attack - ly y'rs - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>