[XML-SIG] Moving forward

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@beopen.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 21:58:21 -0400 (EDT)

Andrew Kuchling writes:
 > Why would we lose revision histories?  The v056 tag will get the last
 > 1.5 version, in case anyone cares, and everything else can continued
 > to be developed.

  Depends on how carelessly the changes are made.  ;-)
  Moving files in CVS is tricking, but using "mv" on the repository
isn't part of it.
  The "right" thing to do is to copy the ,v file into the new
location, remove all the tags on the new file, and then "cvs rm" the
old file.  That's just really tedious, and requires access to the
actual repository.  *That's* what I'm proposing -- this keeps the
development hist as part of the file in the *new* location, which is
what I mean by "easy access" to the history; you can just get it from
the current location of the file.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at beopen.com>