[XML-SIG] Expat, Unicode, and 1.6b1

Walter Underwood wunder@inktomi.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:32:48 -0700

--On Wednesday, August 16, 2000 9:44 PM -0400 "Fred L. Drake, Jr."
<fdrake@beopen.com> wrote:
> Walter Underwood writes:
>  > Is pyexpat supposed to work with Unicode in 1.6b1? I see
>  > pyexpat.c, but no Expat, and no changes for Unicode.
>   You should check the 2.0 tree for this (the head of development in
> the CVS repository at SourceForge).

So the XML in 1.6 will not return Python Unicode objects? If so,
we'll probably stay with our tested mods to pyexpat.

Walter Underwood
Senior Staff Engineer, Ultraseek Server, Inktomi Corp.
formerly Infoseek Software, GO.com, The Walt Disney Company

All Mickey Mouse films are founded on the motif of leaving home in order
to learn what fear is.  -- Walter Benjamin, 1931