[XML-SIG] Specializing DOM exceptions

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:32:19 -0500 (EST)

Martin v. Loewis writes:
 > Good, I'll add this to PyXML first, and then move it over to Python
 > later. Please note that DOMException is already defined in
 > xml.dom(.__init__) of PyXML, so it is merely a matter of adding the
 > derived classes, and adding them in 4DOM.

  Have you had time to work on this?  Would you like me to take a look
at it?  I'm not familiar with the 4DOM code, but would like to see the
exceptions defined and available from xml.dom soon.

I said:
 >   I'd also like to see the .nodeType values defined this way, and
 >   shared by the implementations.

and Martin responded:
 > It's more difficult with those, since the spec says they are defined
 > inside of the Node interface. We could deviate from the DOM spec in

  Perhaps we should provide a Node class in xml.dom that defines just
those values, and implementations can inherit that or duplicate the
values in their own Node implementation.  Nothing other than the
enumeration values should be defined in xml.dom.Node (except maybe a
docstring).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>