[XML-SIG] [Bug #125668] DbDom : Reader produces DocumentFragments

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:54:27 -0800

Bug #125668, was updated on 2000-Dec-13 07:54
Here is a current snapshot of the bug.

Project: Python/XML
Category: None

Details: Hi Mike!

When used without an Document parameter, Reader.fromStream() returns a DocumentFragment (instead of a Document).

This is because when the document parameter is None, fromStream creates a new DocumentImp and passes it to Sax2.Reader.fromStream which returns a DocumentFragment.

A way to correct this would be to append the DF to the newly created Document in that case.

I'll see if I can setup a patch for this one.

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125668&group_id=6473