[XML-SIG] 4DOM and DTD

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:00:14 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> I'm a bit surprised, but Uche did not comment on this, so you must be
> right. Just being curious, what does the xml.dom.ext.reader.Sax2 provide
> then? I really thought that  specifying validate=1 in FromXml made it use
> xmlproc.

OK, I refered to the Source code, and see the problem. I'll sum it up, in
case someone else is interested but is too lazy to check for
him/herself. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

There are two packages providing Sax interface to parsers, xml.sax.drivers
and xml.sax.drivers2. The first one uses Sax1 parsers, and is used by
xml.dom.ext.reader.Sax2. I reckon the latter will be soon upgraded to use
xml.sax.drivers2, but could not so far because of the lack of SAX2 parsers
in xml-sig (?). However, everything should be ready in reader.Sax2 to use
the Sax2 interfaces to the xml-sig parsers.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).