[XML-SIG] Oddities

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:26:19 -0700

I think I have the pyexpat/lexhandler work in hand.  However, while testing
it, I ran into two oddities in setup.py.

Firstly, PyXML CVS wouldn't compile pyexpat because it couldn't find
extensions/expat/xmlparse/hashtable.c.  I just commented this out of setup.py
and it compiles fine now.

Secondly, it tries to place the docs at

/usr/local/xmldoc

Tsk.  tsk.  That should be

/usr/local/doc/PyXML-<version>

It looks, however, as if someone went to some length to avoid the standard
way, so I'd like to know why before fixing it.