[XML-SIG] Oddities

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:07:51 -0700

> uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
> =

> > By "standard" I mean Linux standard.  I'm not sure if Solaris, etc. p=
lace docs =

> > at the same spot.  But for Linux, vendor-packaged docs go in
> > =

> > /usr/doc/<package-name>-<package-version>
> =

> It's /usr/share/doc/<package-name>-<package-version> now (FHS)
> =

> > /usr/local/doc/<package-name>-<package-version>
> > =

> > Actually, it looks as if Red Hat has started moving to the latter loc=
ation for =

> > all docs.
> =

> No, we don't touch /usr/local at all.

Good to have an authority on the subject.  Thanks.

So it looks like  /usr/share/doc/<package-name>-<package-version> across =
the =

board now.  Does this settle the matter for Linux?

Any thoughts about other Unixen?

-- =

Fourthought, Inc.                         http://Fourthought.com =