[XML-SIG] Using SP in Python

Fred L. Drake fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:06:57 -0500

On 28 Dec 2000 12:59:37 +0100,
 Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no> wrote:
 > I've written a simple wrapper for the SP SGML parser's
 > generic API and
 > also a SAX driver for that wrapper.  The SAX driver
 > probably belongs
 > in saxtools and will be placed there.  The SP wrapper is
 > perhaps
 > better off as a separate project, but if anyone feels it
 > belongs in the
 > XML-SIG, I'll be happy to reconsider.

  This is great news!
  I'm not sure why the extension and driver belong in
separate projects; shouldn't they be in the same project?
The driver can be listed by name in the table used by
xml.sax.make_parser(), but when the import fails it'll just
keep going (not having the code available to check, I can
make bold assertions! ;).

 > Appended are a sample application that emits ESIS, the C
 > module and the SAX driver, in that order.
 >
 > Comments of all kinds would be welcome.

  This reminds me that I have an XMLReader that works from
ESIS input data.  I plan to add it to xml.sax when I get
back from the holidays.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>