[XML-SIG] XBEL tool and remard about its DTD

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:04:31 -0500 (EST)

goulu@i.am writes:
 > I wrote an XBEL export template for the excellent Compass bookmarks =
manager
 > (on MS Windows...)(http://www.softgauge.com/compass/) You can downlo=
ad this
 > file (XBEL.TPL) from my page http://membres.tripod.fr/Guglielmetti/f=
iles/.

Philippe,
  Cool!  Do you mind if I provide a link to this from the XBEL pages
on python.org?

 > By the way, the problem I have is that XBEL DTD at
 > http://www.python.org/topics/xml/dtds/xbel-1.0.dtd does not support
 > "european" accented characters such as =E9=E0=EE=F6... I think it sh=
ould as long as
 > some billions people on this Earth will use a different language tha=
 > English...

  This I don't understand; what's missing that needs to be added to
the DTD?  This is XML, so the character set is Unicode.
  Now, if it's the *tools* that don't support a wide range of
encodings, that I do understand.  I think this will be fixed when
Python provides direct support for Unicode in the core.  I'll fix them=20=

myself if I have to!

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.=09  <fdrake at acm.org>