[XML-SIG] Minidom proposal

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@Fourthought.com
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:45:43 -0700

--------------7AC834847477473E2914850B

Ken MacLeod wrote:

> Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net> writes:
>
> > I propose the following interface for a module that would go
> > into Python 1.6 (excuse my IDLish shorthand)
>
> All looks good to me.
>
> > class Element(Node):
> >       string tagname
> >       # check what the DOM does with namespaces
> >       {Dictionary of Name->Value} attributes
>
> To clarify, this dictionary follows the earlier proposal that
> attributes are keyed by (namespaceURI, localName) tuples, correct?

What if we are in a non-namespace-aware system?  Should the key be
(None,localName) or just localName?

Mike

>   -- Ken
>
> P.S. I wish Perl could do that gracefully.  :-/

Mike Olson
Senior Consultant Fourthought, Inc.
http://www.fourthought.com http://www.opentechnology.com
720-304-0152

--------------7AC834847477473E2914850B

Ken MacLeod wrote:
namespaces
What if we are in a non-namespace-aware system?&nbsp; Should the key be
(None,localName) or just localName?

<pre>--&nbsp;
Mike Olson
Senior Consultant Fourthought, Inc.