[XML-SIG] DevDay results

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:53:04 -0500 (EST)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com writes:
 > My vote would be to bundle SAX and Expat, which will do for many uses.  If
 > they need more sophisticated XML, they can download the XML package to get
 > DOM, XPath, XSLT, etc.

Uche,
  I agree; I think that's pretty much the consensus.  It certainly
seems reasonable.  That allows existing xmllib users to convert easily
to something that will be maintained in the standard library and users
of the other APIs will still need to do what they have to do now
(download something); it'll just be easier to have one XML package for
the "advanced" users.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>