[XML-SIG] Pyx

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 03 Jul 2000 22:46:28 -0500

Michael McLay wrote:

> I agree with Greg.  Also, since there is a book out on using pyxie
> with Python it should be included in the standard Python distribution
> so that the package works out of the box for someone who picks up the
> book and tries to use the examples.  (Battries Included)

Are you talking about the XML distribution (where I think Pyxie would be
a good fit) or Python 1.6????

Assuming the latter, I disagree. If we go to Guido with that proposal I
think that he will tell us that the XML distribution is the place for
experimental packages. But I'm not as good at channelling him as some
others...

Your proposed text goes even farther, implying that we've got "all"
Python-related XML modules in there. That would never fly...

The great era of mathematical physics is now over; the 300-year effort
represent the material world in mathematical terms has exhausted itself.
The
understanding it was to provide is infinitely closer than it was when
Isaac
Newton wrote in the late seventeenth centruy, but it is still infinitely
far
away.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm, by David Berlinski