[XML-SIG] SAX Namespaces

04 Jul 2000 11:01:41 +0200

* Uche Ogbuji

| Until further discussion I'd vote for changing it back to Lars's
| original API for q-names.  Apart from all the other arguments, Lars
| did put up his API and invite us all to hash it out (and there _was_
| some discussion of the matter).  IMO it's a bad idea to suddenly
| change it all now.

* Greg Stein

| Not only bad, but unilateral decisions for change are against the
| spirit of the game...

Greg, I think you should let this rest.  I don't see this as Paul
making a unilateral decision, but rather as him making a quick hack to
get the XML modules in Python 1.6b1 to work together.  Having done so
he posted to the XML-SIG to discuss whether that change was to be
considered the final solution:

I don't like his proposed solution, but I have no problems with how it
happened.

--Lars M.