[XML-SIG] SAX namespaces discussion status

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:38:00 -0600

Uche Ogbuji wrote:

> I tend to side more with Greg on this matter: I'd rather have the prefix split
> out for me.  4XPath and 4XSLT are absolutely littered with SplitQName() calls
> that would be somewhat reduced in this case.

However, with Dom we would just need to re-create the qname when we need
it.  If we have it available, why not pass it along as well.

#interface #100

def startElement( self, (uri, name), (prefix,qname), attrs ):

or some variation of this....

Mike